Welcome to St. Joseph's PREP!
All classes for Grades 1-7 are held at St. Joseph Regional School, 11 Harbor Lane in Somers Point, on Monday evenings from 5:45 to 7:00 p.m. beginning September 11, 2023. Click on 2023-2024 Monday Class Calendar for a complete schedule of classes and family events. Tuition is $150.00 per student/$180.00 per family (more than one child). To register, please click on the following link view/print a Weekly Registration Form.
Completed forms and payment can be mailed to or dropped off at the Church Office, 606 Shore Road, Somers Point, NJ 08244, Monday to Thursday from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm or Friday until Noon. You can also use our after hours drop box at the top of the rear office steps.
PREP Families are expected to attend at least 6 Family Events throughout the year. Please click on our Schedule of Parish Family Events for 2023-2024, so you can plan accordingly. Additional events may be added throughout the year, and notifications will be sent to all PREP families before each event with reminders
Please email Karen Pells, Coordinator of Youth Formation and Evangelization at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (609) 927-3568, ext. 24 with any questions.
Thank you and have a blessed day!
8th Grade PREP
8th Grade students, rather than attending Summer Prep or weekly Monday night classes, participate in a series of meetings and workshops starting in October of 2023 until they receive the Sacrament of Confirmation in the Spring of 2024. Please click on our 8th Grade Confirmation Preparation Packet. The program includes:
- Confirmation Enrollment Mass in October;
- Parent Meeting;
- 4 or 5 evening workshops for Confirmation Candidates where they will learn more about the Sacrament of Confirmation and our faith.
- A Confirmation retreat;
- Attend (6) parish family events throughout their 8th grade year;
- Confirmation practice and Confirmation Mass in the Spring.
Should you have any questions or need additional information, please feel free to email Karen Pells at email@example.com or call (609) 927-3568, ext. 24.
Thank you and have a blessed day!
We have lots of fun events and service opportunities for our parish families in November and December, including:
1. St. Joseph Drive and Drop Food Drive Family Event is this Saturday, November 11th. If you’d like to participate as a family, please click the following link to sign up and bring your donations to the Church Parking Lot between 9:30 and 10:30 am: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050A4EA5A923AAF94-thanksgiving
2. Healing Ministry Family Event on Monday, November 20th for parents and middle school students in Grades 6 to 8. The presentation is one (1) hour. If you’re planning to attend, please sign up by clicking the following link, so we may plan accordingly: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050A4EA5A923AAF94-45869380-healing
3. SVDP Giving Tree Advent Service Project kicks off the weekend of 11/25-26. Kindly take a tag from the giving tree in Church for a local needy child or family, and return your unwrapped gift to Church the weekends of 12/2-3 and 12/9-10. (Service Opportunity on Sunday 12/10 to help sort gifts after 12 Noon Mass-contact Ms. Pells to volunteer).
4. Christmas Cards of Kindness Family Service Project. Once again we will be making Christmas Cards for the residents of Villa Raffaella in Pleasantville and Shore Medical Center. Cards can be dropped off at the Church Office from November 27th to December 18th or at our Sing With Us the Christmas Story Family Event.
5. Somers Point Christmas Parade Family Event and Service Opportunity on December 1st. This year, St. Joseph Church is participating in the Somers Point Christmas Parade. We will have a float depicting the nativity, and invite our 6th, 7th and 8th grade Religious Ed, School and Youth Group students to walk with us behind the float in the parade. Line-up is at Dawes Avenue School at 5:30 pm and the parade begins at 6:30 pm. Parents and parishioners are welcome to watch the parade in front of the Church as it passes by on Shore Road towards City Hall for the tree lighting. Of course, all students who participate will be credited (2.5) hours for their service. To sign up, please click the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050A4EA5A923AAF94-45870601-somers
6. Sing With Us the Christmas Story Family Event and Service Opportunity on Monday, December 18th at 6:00 pm. All are invited to participate in our Christmas Family Event in St. Joseph Church followed by refreshments in the Church Hall. You can attend as a family event or earn service hours by participating in a variety of ways. Please click on the following link to sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050A4EA5A923AAF94-sing1