In order to prevent or reduce the spread of the COVID-19 Corona Virus, the state has implemented restrictions with regard to gathering and travel. In order to comply with both the letter and spirit of these restrictions, the diocese has issued directives which are summarized below, along with some changes specific to St. Joseph Church.
- Public weekday and Sunday Masses be suspended until further notice. We encourage you to make a spiritual communion using the prayer at the bottom of this article.
- Baptisms will take place as scheduled but will be limited to 50 participants.
- Anointing of the Sick will be provided with due consideration to the precautions in place at an individual’s home, nursing home or hospital.
- The celebration of the last Sacraments and Viaticum will take place as needed.
- St. Joseph Regional School is closed until further notice. Teachers and students are actively engaged in a remote learning plan to ensure the continuation of education.
- Parish Religious Education (PREP) classes will not be meeting until further notice.
- St. Joseph’s Church will be open from 9 AM to 3 PM, Monday through Friday, for visitation and private prayer.
- All meetings and activities at St. Joseph are cancelled, with the exception of Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament on 3/19, the Feast of St. Joseph. Exposition will take place from 12 N – 3 PM on Thursday, 3/19. Please take care to reduce interactions with other parishioners according to the current social distancing guidelines.
- The Penance Service on April 2 is cancelled.
- The parish office will remain open but entrance to the office past the vestibule for non-employees will be restricted. Office hours are 9:00am to 3:30pm.
To receive the most up-to-date information from the parish, please sign up now for Flocknote. This is how the most up to date information on the changing Corona Virus situation will be disseminated. It’s easy, simply text the message “sjspnj” to 84576 and follow the instructions you receive. You will be asked to provide your email address so you can receive longer messages directly.
Please pray for those most affected by this virus, the sick, the elderly and others at risk, the unemployed and affected business owners and operators.
If you have any questions, please call the parish office at 609-927-3568, ext. 10.
We wish God’s blessings on all of you.
May God keep you and those you love safe and healthy!