Dress a Girl Around the World is a Campaign sponsored by Hope-4-Women International bringing dignity to women around the world since 2006. We dream of a world in which every girl has at least one new dress. We want girls to know that they are worthy of respect, and that they are loved by God.
Parishioners are invited to help with this event by sewing, ironing, cutting, and giving. Completed dresses will be distributed to needy girls around the world and help them to be recognized as cared for to prevent their abduction by human traffickers. “Imagine a world where every girl owned at least one dress.”
St Joseph’s lower church hall on
October 26, 2019 from 9 AM to 1:00 PM
If you sew, bring your sewing machine, extension cord and sewing supplies (scissors, thread, pins, etc.)
Please drop off all supplies or donations for the event at the parish office from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm.
Here’s what we need:
- cash to buy supplies,
- lunch and snacks for those helping,
- cotton or polyester cotton print fabric in 1 yard lengths
- double fold extra wide bias tape in any color but white
- elastic (non-roll preferred) in 1/2” or 3/4” width
- rick-rack in any color but white
- colorful, large buttons for decoration
- t-shirts in sizes from youth medium to adult small
No white or see through fabrics please.
If you will be sewing, please pre-register before the event by calling Lynn at 609-992-7911 or Shirley at 609-334-6648 or call the the parish office at 609-927-3568.
Thank-you for your support of needy girls around the world.
For more information on the Dress a Girl program please see: dressagirlaroundtheworld.com/